Configuring the Thesaurus as a Backing Store
You must associate your thesaurus with specific fields in a metadata schema in order for users to use it in the UI.
To associate a thesaurus with a text field in a metadata definition, follow these steps:
1) In the Metadata Designer, open the metadata schema.
2) Select a text field or textarea in the definition.
3) In the Configuration panel on the right-hand side, select the Backing Store check box.
4) Expand the Backing Store complex.
5) From the Type drop down, select Thesaurus, and select the thesaurus that you have created (the thesaurus must be enabled to be listed).
6) From the Filter drop down, select a thesaurus.
7) Click Save.
8) The thesaurus is now associated with that field.
9) Repeat steps 1-6 for any other fields.