Flex Asset Actions and IMP
Flex can import IMF packages and export them to a variety of VFS locations. Additionally, Flex contributes new components to existing Flex IMP assets (that have been imported during previous import jobs). You have full control of the IMP life cycle, as shown in the diagram below:
What Happens During an IMP Import
Importing a complete or supplemental package:
1) If no IMP asset is provided, Flex Media Platform creates a package automatically.
2) If a placeholder IMP asset has been created, it is converted into an IMP asset and the imported components are added to it.
3) If an existing IMP asset is provided, new components are imported and added.
4) The asset map and PKL are consumed and the metadata is stored in the IMP technical detail referenced objects.
5) The CPL is consumed and the metadata is stored in the IMP technical detail referenced objects.
6) Flex sequences with referenced media are created. These are then added to the CPL (through the composition asset track and asset track).