Some object types allow you to define types. A type is a more specific category of an existing object which is defined by a user. For example: Ooyala Flex supports media and image assets. This means that in Ooyala Flex you can create, update and search for assets. But what about if you want to create a new object type that is like an asset but more specific? What if you wish to assign different data fields to your more specific type? Let's say you want to create a type called "Trailer" that is simply a type of asset with more specific data felds. To do this you create a type.
When you create a type, you do the following:
• Select the Ooyala Flex object type you want to base your type on (such as a media asset)
• Create a name for your type (Example: Trailer)
• Supply an optional metadata schema to help describe properties of your type
To create a type, follow these steps:
1) In the Metadata Designer, on the left-hand toolbar, select the option.
2) On the canvas, click the icon.
3) In the Create Type pop-up, enter the details for the type.
4) In the Name field, enter a name.
5) From the Object Type drop down, select Clip, Media Asset, or Segmented Asset.
6) Optionally, you can associate an existing metadata definition with the type if required.
7) To make this type the default, click the Default Type checkbox.
8) Click Create.