You can switch between audio tracks in MAM. This can be particularly useful if you have a media asset with multiple audio tracks in different languages, or you have different tracks with varying sound qualities.
1) Run the Demux plugin against your chosen asset: The Demux plugin takes a media asset (such as an MP4) containing multiple audio / video tracks and separates each of the tracks into separate .m3u8 files. Each of the .m3u8 files essentially becomes as a child of the original media asset with an origin type of “stream”.
2) Run the Segment Proxy plugin against the .m3u8 files: You must run this plugin so that the audio switching feature can be used in MAM. This plugin takes several audio / video files ( .m3u8 files) and packages them as a segmented asset.
To configure audio switching, please see the Demux and Segment Proxy plugins in the Transcode Actions section.
To switch between different audio tracks, follow these steps:
1) Click on a media asset tile.
2) In the asset summary panel, click Manage Asset.
3) In the Manage Asset view, start playing the asset.
4) Click the icon.
5) From the menu, select an audio track. The audio track is played on top of the video.