FQL in MAM
You can use the Ooyala Flex Query Language (FQL) to carry out complex searches in MAM. The MAM search bar recommends query parameters which can be used to either narrow or widen a search.
Example: If you type "tag" a list of query parameters containing that phrase appears below the search bar. In the example below, you can see that the suggestions are related to searching for tags.
To select a suggestion from the drop down, follow these steps:
1) Start typing a phrase. When you see the suggestion you wish to use click on it, or press Enter.
2) The suggestion appears in the search box.
3) Enter a value to complete the query. For example: you could search for assets that are associated with a tag called "cars".
4) Press Enter or click to run the search.
As you build your query, the search bar suggests operators which can be used to refine your queries. For example: if you type = you will see a list of related operators such as >, <. =, >=, <=.
If the syntax you have entered contains an error, the error is highlighted in red.
FQL allows you to carry out searches using a combination of different operators and parameters. You can combine a number of different operators and query parameters in order to create search queries.
Here are some examples:
Search for an asset by specifying an account ID:
- "Account ID"=12345
Search for assets of a particular file format:
- "Asset Context Format Context Format"=MP4
- "Tags Tag"=car
- "Tags Tag"=(car OR transport)
- "Tags Tag"=(car AND transport)
Search for an asset by description (exact match):
- "Description"=The Great Adventure is a film about a man who”
Search for an asset by description (using a single term):
- "Description"= film
Search for an asset by description (containing two terms):
- "Description"=(film AND man)
- "Description"=(film OR man)
Search for assets by video codec:
- "Asset Context Video Stream Contexts Codec"=H264
Search for asset by audio codec:
- "Asset Context Audio Stream Contexts Codec"=ATRAC3