A forecast is a prediction of future conditions based on past and present data. Pulse continually collects data about all ad requests and responses, the 'past' data, which is used for the forecasting functionality in the system. The 'present' data used in forecasting is the current state of all campaigns, goals, ads, and other settings on your account. In this context, Pulse forecasts future ad inventory based on historical user traffic, and current campaign and account settings.
- Base URL: https://api.videoplaza.com/api/2.0/forecast.
- Requests: GET and POST requests are used. You pass parameters by using common REST parameters like PATH and QUERY, as well as HTTP HEADERS. The body of the requests should be provided in JSON format and encoded using UTF-8.
- Responses: All responses contain an HTTP status code in the header and the body is in JSON format.
- Swagger documentation: https://api.videoplaza.com/docs
- Related user documentation:
- Campaign Forecast Requests
- Inventory Forecast Requests
- Projected Delivery Requests
- Forecast requests are limited to date ranges between tomorrow and 100 days from tomorrow. This means that the start date has to be a date in the future and the end date has to be a date up to 100 days from tomorrow's date.
- Start and end date and time cannot be the same.
- IP targeting, Browser/OS targeting, and Time of Day/Day of Week targeting are not supported for both campaign and inventory forecasts.
- Frequency capping is not supported for inventory forecasts.
- You cannot have more than 20 forecasts running at one time for your account.
- Time based breaks are not taken into account when doing both campaign and inventory forecasts.
Campaign forecasts do not yield meaningful results if you have eCPM enabled on your account, because it is not possible to enter a price in the forecast. As a result the simulated campaign has zero as a price and only ever gets picked in the simulation forecast when none of the other campaigns with a price takes the spot. This skewed result will not match reality, when you were to enter and run the campaign in the system. See Campaign Settings for information on enabling and disabling eCPM.