Add New Ad
This section covers the first part of adding a new ad. These steps apply to all ad formats and need to be finished before going to the next section, Upload or Assign Creative, which explains the setup steps for specific ad formats.
- Open Campaigns from the menu ().
- From the Campaigns Overview, expand the desired campaign's tab.
- Expand the goal you wish to add an ad to.
Click on Add new ad button located in the bottom of the Goal overview.
A list of ad formats opens up. You can add different ad formats to a single goal.
Select the desired ad format.
A new page opens up:
Now you can either:
- complete the general steps in the Create new tab as explained below, or
- click on Insert existing tab and pick an existing ad from the list, if there are any. This creates a new add, Copy of <original ad name>, which has the same settings as the original, but it is not turned on automatically. If you choose this, you can ignore the following steps.
Fill in the following fields:
- Name of Creative: enter the name of the ad.
- Targeted devices and services: define which device containers this ad should run on. Select All, or select specific devices.
- Custom ad ID: add an identifier of your choosing that helps you to recognise this item. A common use case is to use a reference from another system, such as the ad ID from an ad network.
- Description: add a description of the ad for your own internal reference. Enter any notes you may have for yourself or your colleagues.
- Start date: by default, the ad inherits goal start date. To change this, click on the field and select the start date of the ad. The Full day box is checked by default, which means that the ad starts running on the first second of the selected day. Uncheck the Full day box if you want to enter a precise start time (hours and minutes) of the ad. To discard what you entered, click on the red X icon.
- End date: by default, the ad inherits goal end date. To change this, click on the field and select the end date of the ad. The Full day box is checked by default, which means that the ad is running the whole day, including the last second of the selected day. Uncheck the Full day box if you want to enter a precise end time (hours and minutes) of the ad. To discard what you entered, click on the red X icon.
After completing the general steps, you can either:
- Upload Creative Now: follow the steps explained in Upload or Assign Creative, or
- Upload Creative Later: this creates an empty placeholder ad and reserves inventory of the relevant ad format in forecasts. The campaign cannot go live until a real ad has been configured. You can return to upload assets to this ad at any time.
- Click SAVE.