How Flash Players Choose a Stream
Flash players try to get the best quality stream based on screen, bandwidth, and other factors.
When selecting a stream, the player collects the following information:
- Estimated viewer bandwidth.
- Viewer screen width and height.
- Available streams for the selected content.
Based on this information, the player does the following:
- Filters out any streams that exceed the bandwidth cap for the screen width or device type.
- Filters out any streams that exceed the viewer's bandwidth.
- Selects the remaining stream with the highest bit rate.