Integration with FreeWheel on iOS
- Playlists/Channels - Thumbnails
- Related Media
- Live (New)
- Fully integrated analytics to understand mobile usage
- Closed Captions
- APIs for loading and displaying closed captions through DFXP (now TTML) files
What You Need
With the Ooyala SDK for integrating FreeWheel, the same advertising experience you have created on the desktop can be created on mobile devices when supported.
To get started with Ooyala’s SDK for FreeWheel on iOS, download the following:
- Ooyala Mobile SDK for iOS (available at Ooyala Downloads)
- Ooyala FreeWheel SDK for iOS (available at Ooyala Downloads) (Ooyala
Note: You must have static ad tags associated with your video assets in Ooyala Backlot, on which the Mobile SDK relies. If these are not present in your production Backlot account, you must load them in your app.
- The AdManager.framework from
FreeWheel website (you need FreeWheel credentials to download the zip)Note: While using the latest version of the FreeWheel libraries please make sure the version you are using is compatible with the latest Ooyala integrations.
- Apple Xcode
Structure of the Ooyala FreeWheel SDKThe SDK has the following directories and files.
|Documentation||Reference docs for the OoyalaFreewheelManager|
|FreeWheelHeaders||Header files for the Ooyala-FreeWheel integration.|
|FreeWheelSampleApp||A sample application implementing the Ooyala SDK|
|libOoyalaFreeWheelSDK.a||The Ooyala SDK library file you need to add to any new app|
|VERSION||Version number of the Ooyala SDK for FreeWheel|
Essential Parameters and FreeWheel OPF Module Ad SetTo make use of FreeWheel in the Mobile SDK, you must create an ad set of type FreeWheel OPF Module in Backlot. See the Backlot User Guide for details. Ooyala allows you to store FreeWheel-ad-related parameters in a variety of locations. In order of precedence, FreeWheel parameters and their values can be defined in:
- Your app itself.
- Internal Ooyala configuration, which you can set by way of your Customer Success Manager.
- In the Backlot MONETIZE tab, Ad Sets subtab for the FreeWheel OPF Module type of ad set.
- fw_ios_ad_server: The URL for serving ads on iOS
- fw_ios_player_profile: The defined profile for the player on iOS
//Set FreeWheel parameters. Note that these are optional, and override configurations set in Backlot or in Ooyala internals [fwParameters setObject:@"90750" forKey:@"fw_ios_mrm_network_id"]; [fwParameters setObject:@"http://demo.v.fwmrm.net/" forKey:@"fw_ios_ad_server"]; [fwParameters setObject:@"90750:ooyala_ios" forKey:@"fw_ios_player_profile"]; [fwParameters setObject:@"ooyala_test_site_section" forKey:@"fw_ios_site_section_id"]; [fwParameters setObject:@"ooyala_test_video_with_bvi_cuepoints" forKey:@"fw_ios_video_asset_id"]; [fwParameters setObject:@"channel=TEST;subchannel=TEST;section=TEST;mode=online; player=ooyala;beta=n" forKey:@"FRMSegment"];