Ads Delivery Workflow
The following figure shows the high-level workflow of integrating ads with Player V4.
- Work with your ad server/ad manager to create ads. See Ad Types for definitions of commonly used ad types.
- (Optional for Ooyala Pulse, Google IMA and FreeWheel, Required for VAST and
VPAID) Create ad sets in Backlot and associate them with your video assets. If
you want ads associated with your video, if you do not associate an ad set with
your video asset in Backlot, you must associate ads with your players and video
asset via ad manager-specific page level parameters.
Note: With the Player API you can only associate an ad set with an asset on your web page. To associate an ad set with an asset on multiple players you must replicate the code for each player. With the Backlot API you can associate an ad set with an asset more concretely. That is, when you associate an asset with an ad set using the Backlot API the asset and the ad set will be paired together on any player and page you play the asset on.Note: For VAST and VPAID ads, you must create an ad set in Backlot and associate it with your asset via Backlot.
- Create an ad set in Backlot with the Backlot UI or Backlot API. Ad sets are ad configurations that control the ad experience of an asset during playback.
- Assign an ad set to an asset or multiple assets with the Backlot UI, Backlot API, or Player API.
- Integrate your ad manager with the V4 player at the (HTML5) page-level by
loading the relevant ad plugin and optionally specifying parameters to configure
your ads and associate ads with your players and video assets. Note: You must load the ad plugin for ads to work with your player.
- The end user is now able to view the ad content associated with the video asset.