Google IMA Ad Plugin
Google IMA v3.0
Google IMA v3.0 is an ad server and ad management platform. The Google Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDK enables publishers to display linear, non-linear, and companion ads in interactive media content such as videos and games. Publishers can use the IMA SDK to request and display ads served by DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), the Google AdSense network, or any VAST-compliant ad server. Common scenarios for using the IMA SDK include displaying pre-rolls or overlays in video content.
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) users: Publishers can use DFP to traffic, target, and serve their directly-sold ads. The IMA SDK offers advanced video ad serving features.
- AdSense publishers: Publishers can also use the Google AdSense Network (AdSense for Video (AFV) and AdSense for Games (AFG)) to monetize their inventory. If you only want to display AFV/AFG ads, DFP is not required. However, AFV/AFG ads still require the IMA SDK.
- Publishers using VAST ads from a third-party ad server: Publishers can book their VAST ads in DFP and use the IMA SDK to request and display them. VAST ad responses are parsed prior to ad playback. Refer to the VAST guidelines for details.
- AdExchange for Video: Publishers can make use of remnant ad inventory from AdExchange for Video via the Google AdSense Network.
- iOS mobile SDK
- Android mobile SDK
- Specific videos, such as all episodes of a particular TV show.
- Video metadata, such as videos in the "sports" genre.
- Users' geography.
- Users' browsers.
- Custom targeting keys and values that you define.
For more information about the supported platforms for Ad Rules, go to https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/video_features_and_sdk_versions#html5_footnote
For ad rule ads, Google handles all ad management and placement of Google IMA ads. For ad rule ads, the Ooyala plugin only tells Google what point the video is at on the video's timeline. One ad tag is used to represent the group of ad rule ads. By default, Ooyala supports Google IMA Ad Rules on iOS Safari (HTML5) with Player V4. See Google's Supported video player platforms for more information.
For ads without ad rules, Google plays and renders the ad, but the Ad Manager Controller determines when to play the ad. One ad tag is used for each ad.
Supported Ad Positions
- Overlay (not supported with Ad Rules ads)