Notable changes include the release of anonymous proxy controls and the adRequestTimeout Flash parameter.
Software Feature ReleasesAnonymous Proxy Controls
- Detection and identification of anonymous proxy connections.
- Prevention of users with anonymous internet proxy service attempting to gain access to content by spoofing their IP addresses to explicitly circumvent blacklist and whitelist policies to change/obfuscate their geolocation.
- Leveraging Neustar Anonymizer proxy identification and restriction methodologies, identify the level of risk associated with the user connecting via proxy service and based on that risk determine the decision to (not to) block/prevent the user from accessing video content.
- Leveraging Neustar Anonymizer proxy identification and restriction
methodologies enforcement of anonymous proxy detection/prevention is
configurable within Backlot’s Syndication Rule. In an advanced mode,
granular levels/statuses may be setup to allow for a specific status to be
categorized for restriction:
To set anonymous proxy controls in Backlot, see Creating Publishing Rules.
adReqeustTimeout is a new Flash parameter for Google IMA ads that enables the customization of the time taken, in milliseconds, to make a timeout for the ad request and continue the video playback.
Documentation Release Items
- adRequestTimeout Parameter for Google IMA
- Google IMA Ads Embedded Parameters in Player V3 (Deprecated) and Integrating Google IMA Ads with Player V3 —Added documentation on the adRequestTimeout parameter for Google IMA describing the function and form of the parameter in the code.
- Device Registration API
- Device Registration API for Customer Support Portals —Updated the GET and PUT examples about device registration.
- Anonymous Proxy Controls
- Backlot ACCOUNT Tab Documentation
- Account Configuration— Expanded and updated the documentation for the ACCOUNT tab and sub-tabs (Usage, User Management, Developers, and Account Settings).
- Ooyala Player Token