Notable changes for this release include updated support for VAST on the Ooyala mobile SDKs and updated Aspera documentation.
Software Feature Releases
Ooyala's support for VAST on the iOS and Android mobile SDKs for Player v3 has recently changed the way ad impressions are tracked in Ooyala Pulse. For podded ad sets like mid-roll ads, impressions are tracked when each individual ad in a podded ad set has started to play. This gives you a more accurate view of ad impressions tracked for sessions played through the Ooyala Player via iOS and Android applications.
- Ingesting with Aspera: Updated the topic to explain that anyone can create an Aspera basic account in Backlot. You must contact Ooyala Technical Support if you want to enable metadata ingestion.
- Player V3 VAST 2.0 Ad Integration: Added a FAQ describing the new way Ooyala Pulse tracks VAST ad impressions for podded ad sets (e.g. mid-roll ads).
- Client Side Ad Integration: Added Pulse support to the ad position support matrices.
- Content Protection Options By Device, PlayReady Content Protection, and About PlayReady for Mobile Apps (Disabled):Added a note clarifying that PlayReady is supported in the Discretix variant.
- Supported Ad Providers, Ad Integration FAQ, and Ad Sets: Updated the list of supported ad providers to show actively supported providers, supported providers, and legacy providers.
- Publishing Rules: Added a note explaining that only internet domains (the so-called "hostname" portion of a URL) are matched, not full URLs with publishing rules.
- Exporting Business Intelligence Reports: Added a new topic describing how to export Business Intelligence page reports as CSV files in Ooyala IQ.