Notable contents of this release include Ooyala Live version 2.0.0 and support for live server side ad insertion in Player V4.
Ooyala Live Release - Version 2.0.0
New Features and Enhancements
- UI enhancements have been added for Channels, Events, and Schedules.
- The user is now prompted to select an ad slate during ad channel creation.
- RTP ingest is now supported for Ooyala Packaged Channels.
- Event creation is now validated.
- HLS with FairPlay DRM is now supported for Ooyala Packaged Channels.
- DASH CENC with PlayReady is now supported for Ooyala Packaged Channels.
- The user can now create and start events directly from the Events page.
- Ad hoc channels will automatically stop if there are no upcoming events in the next 30 minutes.
- The following Azure support has been added:
- Live channel and event management.
- Smooth stream + PlayReady
- DASH CENC + PlayReady
- DASH CENC + Widevine Modular
- HLS + FairPlay
- Live to VOD
- The archive limit for events has been increased to 8 hours.
- Live to VOD support without ads has been added for Ooyala packaged channels.
- Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) support has been added for Player V4 via the Player V4 SSAI Pulse plugin. To access the plugin, see Ooyala-hosted Player V4 Resources. For more information about SSAI, see ../concepts/liveplatform_pulse.html.
- There were issues with enabling Facebook Syndication. Those issues have been resolved.
- There were issues with encrypted HLS streams. Those issues have been resolved.
- There were issues with the Akamai package channel creation page. Those issues have been resolved.
- There is a known issue with Azure encrypted HLS streams. They may buffer excessively, causing streams not to play back smoothly.
- VOD asset trimming on events created on Azure Live Channels is not working properly in either Auto START/STOP and Manual START/STOP.
- MP4 File duration generated by Elemental Delta after the event ends is not accurate in comparison to the event duration that was originally selected.
- Closed caption extraction and uploading to Backlot when performing Live to VOD with Ooyala Package channels is not currently supported.
Subscribe to Ooyala Release NotesSee Subscribe to Ooyala Release Notes for instructions on how to subscribe for automated notifications of Ooyala release notes.
This content was published on 07/01/16 at 11:00 PM UTC.