Adding a YouTube Video
Before you can manage a YouTube-hosted video, you must add it to Backlot.
Note: Due to rapid and unpredictable changes in YouTube requirements, playback for YouTube assets is supported only with older Ooyala players (Player v4.10.6 and earlier, and Player V3). Playback of YouTube assets uploaded to Backlot will not work with recent releases of Ooyala Player V4. Ooyala continues to support uploading of YouTube assets for content management purposes.
- When you add a YouTube video to Backlot, you simply create an asset that points to the video hosted on YouTube (its YouTube URL contains its YouTube ID). The video is not actually ingested into your Backlot account.
- There is a 1:1 correspondence between YouTube assets in Backlot and YouTube IDs. A YouTube ID is uniquely associated with one YouTube asset in Backlot. No two YouTube assets in your account can have the same YouTube ID.
To add a YouTube video in Backlot:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Click ADD CONTENT and select YOUTUBE VIDEO. The Add YouTube Video dialog box appears.
- Enter the URL to the YouTube video, or enter a search term and click Search to locate one. Then, click OK. Backlot adds the YouTube video.
- Change the default name in the TITLE field and provide a description of the video in the DESCRIPTION field.